A former co-worker of mine delivered her first child today. As I heard the news, I of course was so happy for her and glad to hear that mom and baby were both well, but I also had this thought of "She has no clue how much her life is about to change. In. Every. Way."
People say that to you when you re pregnant or a new Mom..."You have no clue....Wait for this...Wait for that." And it is true there is no way to prepare someone for what parenthood brings - the good, the bad and the ugly.
I remember my Mom saying to me after Jenna was born, "Now you have a true idea as to how much I love you." Indeed and about how much she "gave up" or changed in her life to do so.
I try to give advice and insight to friends that are expecting and I tend to be an open book and very honest. So, I do not paint it all as sunshine and roses, because it just isn't. Life does not work that way. Yes, there are moments when I think "what have I done!?"
But so many more of the moments are looking at our daughter, not believing that she grew in my stomach and I delivered her and that she is now this walking, talking, laughing, happy, healthy, beautiful little girl that I am SO proud of and could cry just looking at.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I need a "like" button on your blog! A dear friend of mine had her first baby a few weeks ago and I, too, have been honest with her about how wonderfully happy and difficult this time of her life is and will be. It's amazing that women can go on to have more children after their first experience - I know this because I've gone through it twice and both times have been wonderfully difficult! But, as I look at Robbie and Ash now I am so proud of them and it does bring tears to my eyes!
ReplyDelete