Saturday, June 26, 2010

What they don't tell you

You know, there are SO many things they do not put in the pregnancy / parenting books. My best friend luckily filled me in on many things...from childbirth to the recovery to having a toddler. I am STILL discovering things they do not put in the books.

Some I will not go into on a public blog bc they are either gross or inappropriate or both.

One thing I am finding lately is that once the kiddos get to a certain age, you have to ask yourself if you are forming bad habits...with EVERYthing that you do - what you feed them, where you take them, how you discipline them, you name it.

For instance, Jenna has developed a love of the TV. She will now point at any TV and yell "MY TV! TV? TV on!?" Thank God there is no TV at day care so I do not feel that badly about letting her watch a couple shows at night.

She also likes to watch while she eats though. And you know, it is a lot easier if she does. But, Jeff and I have decided we are going to try to practice all of us eating at the dining room table. Dear Lord, the indigestion that leaves me with.

That quote from A Christmas Story rings true: "My mother has not had a warm meal in 15 years." I get it. This is also why we do not go out to eat with Jenna. Not sure when we will be able to do that again without breaking out into sweats.

She is addicted to her blanket and pacifier again - I let her take them in the car but not into other places. Negotiating with a toddler is....interesting.

There are a million examples but I will stop. Sigh!

1 comment:

  1. We still go out to eat, but it generally requires a serious talking to in the bathroom. We've gone out twice this weekend for the trip to my cousin's wedding and he was soo good both times.

    ReplyDelete