Wow. Things have been a bit crazy here this past week or so. In a good way.
We put our house on the market and had an offer in 8 days later. The offer, counter offer, counter offer #2 and acceptance process took A LOT out of us. Stressful and exciting all at the same time.
The couple buying live in IN and want to close Nov 11! Sooooo Jeff and I had to look for a rental ASAP. We ended up snagging the ONLY 3 BR townhouse at the same complex we lived in when we moved to Tampa - kind of cool how things cycled back around.
We had also started looking at houses just to see what was available in the neighborhood we want to be in. There is one short sale that we fell in love with. Well, there were multiple offers in and they did not accept contingent offers blah blah blah. Our agent called the moment we were in contract on our house and found out that the bank MAY likely accept a contingent offer from us and will wait to make decisions until we can formally thorugh our hat in the game.
I am trying not to get my hopes up. I mean it seems to good to be true - house sells in 8 days, we snag the last townhouse in a complex we already know we like (by a matter of minutes according to the property manager) and now we may get to offer on the house we love?
I am not holding my breath bc real estate is so unpredictable. I just hope that things continue to run smoothly. We had the inspection on our house today which I think went well. Now we wait for the appraisal, then for the buyers house in IN to close, then our closing. etc.
Lots of moving parts but it is all very exciting. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Wow, what a whirlwind of excitement! I am keeping my fingers crossed for you. How lovely for you to possibly get the house you want first time around the block! And so neat about the townhouse, too :D
ReplyDeleteGood luck!