Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Been awhile since we pulled an all nighter

Last night was one of those nights where you earn your stripes as a parent. Jenna has had a crackly chest cough for a couple days, the sneezing and runny nose started yesterday and then last night the fever started and her inability to sleep (i am guessing ear infection).

It had been a LONG time since we pulled an all nighter. We were up with her watching Nick Jr, trying to get her to drink water and pushing Motrin and Benadryl. So long as she was upright she was better. Sigh. Meanwhile my eyes are burning and I just want to lie in bed.

I see pictures on Facebook of friends' babies napping on the couch, etc. Jenna will not sleep anywhere but where she is supposed to (crib, pack n play or her cot at school). I guess we did TOO good of a job "not letting her" sleep on our bed etc. Last night I would have paid for her to sit upright on the couch and fall asleep.

Im taking her to the oed at 11.30. Not that I hope she has an infection, but I bet he will say "Its a bad virus plus teething. Go home." At least I will know I got her checked out.

1 comment:

  1. Awww...I hope she is feeling better soon. Ashley has a hard time sleeping anywhere other than where she is supposed to, as well. I'm happy that she has now started to sleep in her stroller when we are out for long periods of time. Hugs to Jenna and hope you both get a good nap in today.

    ReplyDelete