So I know being the parent to a toddler is not always easy and it is a phase and we will get through it but I would like to list a few reasons why maybe this phase is...challenging.
1. Fighting diaper changes. As fun as it is to change a wiggly 19 month old when she is standing up, I would prefer she just lay down or better yet learn how to use the potty.
2. Hating bath time. I dread it. Jenna HATES to get her hair washed so it makes for a not so pleasant experience.
3. Refusing to get in her car seat.
4. Throwing food off her hair chair.
5. Filling her mouth up with milk and then opening her mouth so the milk pours all down her face and clothes
6. Taking her shoes on and off 67 times at inappropriate times
7. Becoming a "TV" monster. She will point to it and start yelling TV? TV? Funny? Yes. Good? No.
8. Yelling "Color" every time I use any sort of writing instrument and then melting down when I do not have a full on art kit with me for her to color with.
9. Insisting on eating in the car. I let her have a snack a few times and now she yelles "More CRACKERS" as soon as I put the car in drive. Sigh.
10. Wanting me to READ to her while I DRIVe and getting really pissed when I won't.
11. Wanting to walk every way even if it is in a crowded parking lot with cars zooming by.
12. not wanting to hold my hand in said parking lots.
13. Not allowing us to trim her nails. It is like WW3 every time we do.
14. CLimbing and standing on everything
There are others but I think I will stop here for now. I do love my daughter!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

ROFL... ok.. so Are Cole and Jenna related?? seriously the last 2 weeks or so, he started doing number 5 and then he laughs his butt off like it is the funniest thing EVER! and of course #2 is a Complete Nightmare! Cole HATES getting his hair wet, he SCREAMS his head off All the time.. and then there is #1 and OMG if would be soo much easier if he was potty trained, changing him is such a Pita!!! and I go on and on!!
ReplyDeletehow about when the toddler points to you and says
ReplyDelete"no!" when you tell the toddler no? That's my favorite.
How about smacking the flat screen TV which is not bolted to the wall (bad mommy) every time you say no, you can NOT watch another episode of Sesame Street!
ReplyDeleteHow about turning into a "noodle" any time you try to pick him up when he knows you're going to do something he doesn't want, like put on pajamas or change a diaper, thereby causing him to weigh about 100 pounds.
How about when you take him outside to play on a beautiful almost-spring day and all he wants to do is LICK THE TRASHCANS!!!
LMAO .. I love my son.. I swear!!
ROFLMAO!!! Sorry I know it's not funny because I'm in the same boat but when you read that as an outsider it sounds hysterical! Can you bribe her with a couple crackers to get her into the carseat, to change her diaper, and clip her nails? Just a thought....
ReplyDeleteOK so here's a few of the naughty things Brady does! He spits when he's mad. When he gets yelled at he runs for either the TV or the computer to press buttons. He spits out chewed up food. And there's plenty more!
William screams when he sees a Dunkin Donuts because he wants muchkins. If I take him in he cuts the line and walks up to the counter and holds out his hand. If ignored he screams. All because Daddy takes him there to get me from the bus and the workers fawn over him. Now he feel entitled. Worse part is that everyone who works there run get him a munchkin as soon as they see him.
ReplyDeleteOutside dunkin donuts he is an angel.