Jeff has been putting in some crazy hours at work -- being at Enrollment meetings by 6.30 a.m. and tomorrow night he is hosting people at the Tampa Bay Rays baseball game too. I am so lucky in that Jeff does most of the cooking in our house. It just kind of worked out that way after Jenns came along and to be honest he is a much better cook than I am...he can improvise in the kitchen too whereas I am a slave to recipes are cooking 101. Sigh.
Anyway tonight I came home from work, got Jenna at school and was able to bake teriyaki chicken and made some noodles and corn for him as a surpise (he had thought he was going to grill for us). So, when he came home dinner was almost ready! It has been a LONG time since I could say that.
It was cool too b/c Jenna was in the kitchen with me feeding herself her dinner (Gerber ravioli) and it was just really fun to be able to cook and have her with me. I felt like for a moment I could do it all :)
Now off to walk the dog...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

It's so nice to have nights like that. It was similar here, too. Now if I could just care for the kiddo's, cook dinner AND clean the house!
ReplyDeletekristen, i don't even pretend to be able to keep up with the house too LOL
ReplyDelete