Monday, August 24, 2009

Stay at Home Mom for the day



Jenna's day care was closed today (teacher work day before Hillsborough County schools start back tomorrow) so I took off work and stayed home with her. Doing this reminds me again of how much respect I have for SAHMs. Following a kid around all day is hard work and is just utterly exhausting!





Jenna is a GOOD baby and she is not even full-on walking yet, but man, it makes for a long day when I am with her 24-7. It makes me feel bad to say that b/c I know there are women out there who LOVE being home with their babies and other women who wish they could be home with their little ones. And those women that have multiple kids and stay home...wow. MUCH respect. Both of our moms stayed home with us and yes, we appreciate that more and more each day.





Anyway, we had a great day. We played, met daddy for lunch, visited my co-workers for a bit and ran some errands. We took a walk and she went to bed a little after 7. But I am TIRED!





How can you ever really get mad at this face anyway??

1 comment:

  1. It is a hard job. I stayed home with Robbie for 2.5 years and I loved it. But, I didn't know what it was like to work and have a child. After about 15 or so months I started watching a friends child and a few months later, I started watching my nephew so I guess, in a way, I was working. Now when I have days home with Ashley (other than the weekends), I'm exhausted and I can't wait until Jacq gets home. Maybe it's the fact that I'm almost 10 years older, too! I definitely admire SAHM's, especially those with more than 1 child. It's too much for me!

    ReplyDelete